Tuesday, February 12, 2013

e.l.f. is for [l]ips


Now that our eyes have a bit more eleganza to them, we can trail a little lower and give our lips some attention as well. I've picked up two different types of products: lip balm (oho) and lipstick. Here they are in their original packaging. Very nice, sleek, and uniform. The lipstick (far right) package is a little unassuming and plain (which necessarily isn't a bad thing).

I finally broke my chain of brightly coloured lip products, though it does feel funny to break the trend. This product review comes to you a little later in the day due to some fortunate series of events. However, I can't divulge exactly what that is yet, maybe in a few month's time. With that said, let's jump right into it.



I bought these two shades, peach and plum. Once you begin to apply, they do have a faint Vaseline type of smell. Something very balm-like, but they apply smoothly. They do smooth out the lips, but in my case, I have broken skin on my bottom lip, and it is rather accented with these balms. So be sure to take care of your lips before applying. Both of these shades share the same active ingredients.


Moving along to the lipstick, I haven't had a reason to apply it yet, but the casing is matte with sleek accents, much like the balms have. Here are the active ingredients for those interested in these.


The e.l.f. logo sits on top of the lipstick case.


With its information and cell number at the bottom.

As I said, I haven't had the chance to truly apply it, but this shade is a perfect chocolate brown, and I plan to use it as a warm nude shade. Hopefully, you'll see an update on this in the future on this. Sorry, I didn't get to swatch the shades or anything like that, I've been a little scattered planning for tomorrow.

If you're interested in these items, or you like to see a few more photos on them, be sure to check out the Lip Balm SPF 15 and the Mineral Lipstick on eyeslipsface.com, and remember: tell 'em GDR sent ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts; I'd love to hear 'em.