Friday, February 15, 2013

e.l.f. is for: [f]ace


Sorry, I was a little late on this entry because I started an internship as a blogger this week. Admittedly, I'm tired from cranking out ten posts a day, but I'm doing my best you know. To celebrate my first day off, I'm going to post the conclusion of my e.l.f. series.

Final products are the Mineral Face Cleanser and the Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths. I'll review them right to left, saving my favourite product for last. 



The Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths are a star in the e.l.f. studio line. Here are the active ingredients for those who are curious. These cloths are wonderful, and when I wipe my face off with these, whatever I have on comes off easily. Seriously, these are amazing. I'm glad that I ended up getting them. You can't leave these sitting out for too long; the wipes dry out really fast. Make sure to cover them back when finished.


With that briefly said, onto my favourite product. I've been aching for a new face cleanser since we first started moving around in August. I haven't had the time, resources, or energy to look into something new, but when my birthday came around, I knew exactly what I wanted.


Introducing the Mineral Facial Cleanser from the e.l.f mineral line. The front says that this is "infused with active minerals and skin nourishing Aloe, Green Tea, Jojoba, Avocado, & Vitamin E". I was really impressed by the statement, so I think "Why not"? The one thing that caught me off guard was that this cleanser is powder based! ("Wha?" I know right.) I've never used a powder cleanser before, so I was worried how much of an adventure this would be for me.


Pardon the mess; as you can see, I already got a face-on experience with it. This is the powdery residue of about a week's worth of product.


Here's the amount that I usually use. You'll probably need a little less than this. It's water activated, and you have to lather it into the face (and neck if you choose to). I won't lie; I don't know the exact estimate of how much to put in your palm but just know that it doesn't have to be a whole lot. After getting the product adequately wet, massage it into the skin. The cleanser will turn white as it sets in, and your skin might feel a little tight the first few times. Perfectly normal, because once you wash it off, your face feels extremely soft.

For me, it did draw out a lot of dead skin and blackheads. Unfortunately, I've picked at a lot of my blemishes. Usually, if I don't, they end up going away/swelling down when I go back to use the cleanser again. I can honestly say that I am 100% satisfied with all of the products I've bought in these series.

If you're interested in these products, go to the eyeslipsface.com website for the Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths and the Mineral Face Cleanser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts; I'd love to hear 'em.