Friday, November 08, 2013

Anime-zing Finds! Anime Haul Part 2! Time for Fall.

I've been away for a while trying to juggle a few external things. And now, I'm sick or at least am on the sick train towards Unwellville. It's not fun, not at all, but I'll survive. In a previous installment, I talked about the anime I was watching, but I didn't get to talk about the rest of them. This one is going to be pretty short, but still honest nonetheless. I'm trying not to make these too, too lengthy, you know. With this, I'll wrap up with the anime I've taken interest in and the one that I've actually dropped. Speaking of which, let's start with the one that I dropped... almost immediately.



Meganebu!. I stopped being interested in this halfway through the episode. The entire goal of the first episode is to create X-ray glasses. Okay, that bothered some people that watched it, I know. and I grew up with like Goldenboy and Excel Saga, and other sexualized harem/humour, but something about Meganebu! just didn't... sell it for me. One of the members doesn't even need glasses, you find out. I dunno. I feel like the most interesting parts of the anime were Shirogane (the teacher), the rectangluar faced people (love love love them), Minabe's utter monotony, and the "We are meganebu-hoo". Sounds like a lot, but they're really just small things. The characters aren't really that charming, and the first episode just fell short for me. Even though I did finish it, I don't plan on going back to it at all really.


KILL la KILL. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty torn about this series. It's interesting, and I love the animation style. The characters are all interesting, and comical in their own right. The only reason I'm so confused about my enjoyment is because I don't want to read into the execution of it. This is another sexualized anime in the way of the superpowered uniforms and the battles, but that's really where the sexy, sexy of it all ends. The perverted humour when done as such a lively degree as it is in KILL la KILL can make me feel uncomfortable at times. And when it doesn't, I admit, I laugh. It could just be a satire anime on the low, you know. Making fun of certain anime types and tropes, but again, I don't want to read too much into it. For the most part, I am actively watching each episode even if I'm going back and forth between how I feel about it.


Samurai Flamenco. I live, I love, I die for it. I love superhero/sentai shows, especially in live action, and Samurai Flamenco quenches my childhood thirst. The protagonist is a bit naïve, and embarrassingly so. Sometimes, I find myself muttering "Don't. Don't you dare." when I'm watching different episodes, but honestly, I like it. I think this is one of those anime that you either stick with it from the beginning or you never get into it no matter how many episodes you watch.


And that's it! Short and sweet and to the point, I feel absolutely abysmal, but I hope to have the next review to you in a reasonable amount of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts; I'd love to hear 'em.