Sunday, July 28, 2013

The ULTA-mate Combo




Pixelmator's gone. I feel as though I lost a part of myself, but instead of moping, I shall forge steady on and tell you about this lovely I got from ULTA. I also got a kohl eye liner pencil for about $1, and I have never loved a pencil more. Unfortunately, I can't necessarily use it for my eyebrows, but that's later on in the review.

They were selling a lot of things for $5 and under—single eye shadows, lip and eyebrow pencils, etc etc. I think this single shadow right here cost me $2 so I was happy to get this.



I'm pretty happy with this considering. It's really extremely pigmented when you swipe it onto your figure, and it doesn't really come off easily from that swipe. If you don't catch my drift just yet, look at the following figure and brush swipe photos.


In the topmost picture, the top line is with the brush and the bottom line is with my figure. So it looks like the pigment is retained more so using a finger application. Unfortunately, I didn't test these with any kind of base/primer yet, so I can't give you my details with that knowledge at hand. Maybe in the far off future, I'll give you an update.


Onto this bad boy. As I said, this was $1 because of the special/sale/whatever it is, they have on ULTA products. I was in need of a brown-black actually. In dire, dire need. I've never had a kohl product before, so it's safe to say I have no idea what I was getting myself into.


Holy smokes. Let me tell you kids. This liner is no joke. I wish I kept the photos of me trying this on my eyebrows, but I think it's safe to say, it's better that they're all gone. Despite how the center looks, I didn't apply that much liner to my hand. A piece of the kohl clumped off so that added to the thickness. I'm still pretty effin' amazed by it.

From right to left: drawn line, smudged line, gently applied.

We can see that the left is a lighter, truer form of brown were as the other two, especially, that center are a darker chocolate colour. I love it, need more of it, and will never apply this to my eyebrows again unless I really, really need it.

Which I doubt I will.


   HIGH POINTS!
ULTA SINGLE SHADOW
- Smooth, inexpensive, pigmented upon swipe
- True yellow colour
- Inexpensive (x2 combo)

ULTA KOHL BROWN-BLACK EYE LINER
- Inexpensive 
- Smooth, blends nicely 

   LOW POINTS?
ULTA SINGLE SHADOW
- Most of colour stays on finger or brush
- Felt easy to wipe off

ULTA KOHL BROWN-BLACK EYE LINER
- Smudges way, way, way too well
- Easy to remove
- Not perfect for eyebrows
I like ULTA based stuff, and I already have a few products in mind from other brands that I really want to get my hands on. I'm happy that I spent a meager $3 for two items I'm sure I'll be using for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts; I'd love to hear 'em.