Sunday, May 17, 2015

What's All the Hot Fuzz About?


So, I know I'm behind on the times, but I've always been interested in this movie. Recently, while a friend was out of town, I got to watch this while baby sitting her cat. I have to say, I'm glad that I did.

'Hot Fuzz; comes from the makers of 'Shaun of the Dead' as pictured above. This mystery-crime-comedy originally came out in 2007. I am way behind the curve. I've seen 'Shaun of the Dead' though if that helps. For those who don't know what the film is about, I'll give you a fill in. Simon Pegg plays an extraordinary officer named Nicholas Angel. Angel is a former London constable who gets reassigned to Sandford, a British quaint, country village. From there, Angel continues to be as upstanding and extraordinary as he was in London. Things in Sandford are not quite as simple as they first appear, and shit goes down.

I have to say that I really enjoyed this film. It was funny, but it wasn't stitch-in-my-side hilarious. I can appreciate it. It was cheeky, interesting, and it has dear Mr. Timothy Dalton in there, which I tip my hat towards. 'Hot Fuzz' is only 121 minutes, but honestly, it was interesting all the way through. It's a steady build, and the action in there wasn't too over the top. In fact, it was pretty believable, especially between Angel and "Yarp".

I'm sorry that I don't have a lot to say about the movie, but it really is one of those things that you can enjoy when you watch it. It's not extraordinarily amazing, and the humour doesn't send me into tears. In fact, I like it that way. It has the perfect balance of story, humour, and plot development. If you've watched 'Hot Fuzz', let me know what you think. If you've never seen it before, oh, I do request it. Come on, tell me when you're gonna watch it, and I'll be waiting with bells and whistles for your reaction.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts; I'd love to hear 'em.