Monday, June 24, 2013

We Play: Judith


Another reason I've been really shoddy on reviews is because I've been getting really into let's plays. I love to watch other people game, especially on titles I've played. They have interesting commentary, or their battle strategies are different—I just want to see their reaction to certain surprising (or stupid) events. Whatever the reason, watching let's plays is a favoured past time, and for the past three years, I've been trying to get into doing it myself.

The first game I played was Judith, a pixelated horror game from distractionware. You play Jeff a married man who is having an affair with a married woman named Emily. After four long months, the two meet together at this castle (or mansion, not quite sure) for some canoodling and alone time. However, upon entering the damn place, Emily immediately goes missing.

It's a very basic game. It doesn't have many hard puzzles; there was one part that sincerely made me scream because I hate when people pop up out of nowhere. All in all, it was pretty good game. The ending left me confused, suspicious, but a little empty. There was no closure!

It is a disturbing game chockful of flashbacks. If you want to play the game yourself, go check out Judith on the distractionware blog and download it yourself. Word of notice: yes, you can play it on Mac and Windows.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts; I'd love to hear 'em.