Sunday, November 30, 2014

Six Steps to 7th Heaven: Moroccan Clay Mask



Again, apologies ahead of time for the photo quality. My phone has an [un]surprisingly bad camera. I've been trying to get my skincare routine back on point. I usually use the face wash that I got from e.l.f a while, while back, but I wanted an exfoliating mask—something that went deeper. I browsed around and ended up snagging a deal.

The site that I visited is called 7th Heaven, and they have a good deal of masks there for purchase. I wanted to choose just one or two, but they have a special where you can buy six masks for $12. Not bad, so I went for it. Ohohoho, am I glad that I did. I got these on Halloween, and now almost a perfect month after the fact, am I sharing my find with you. I've great timing. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.


I'll be covering all six masks over an extended period of time. For now, I'll cover the Moroccan Clay Mask. This is some serious shit right here.


The first thing that I want to note is that the mask itself smells amazing. I can't deny that. It definitely has that clay look to it, and it has a very wet sand sort of texture. It was hard to get a good picture of it, but you get the general idea.

It's incredibly easy to apply. It has a great spread, so you have to be careful not to get too much out at a time. The worst of it, I guess you could say, is that you might spend a couple of minutes doing the squeeze-and-spread method. It's worth it though because you eventually learn how much you really need and where to concentrate on your problem areas.

There's a a fifteen to twenty minute wait all in all. Really, I let mine sit right at 20 minutes just because it's easier to calculate time for me. (Basic mind) But you might want to find something to do that doesn't involve you speaking a lot. The Moroccan mask has in intense tingling to it, so much so to the point that it burns in places where my face is more open. The reason for this is because of the cinnamon oil, and I promise you that if you scratch your face ahead of time, it will come back in waves of regret. It's like scratching your scalp before getting a perm or relaxer. You'll live to regret it. The mask goes from mud brown to ash white when it's ready to be removed, and it starts to flake and break off your face. You've to be careful not to get any of the tiny flakes in your eyes, so just remove it as soon as it's dry.

It takes under six minutes to remove. I didn't time it exactly, but it takes about three to four? I'll have to time myself to be sure. For me, this is pretty quick because any other clay mask that I've owned took forever, it felt like, to get the hell off my face. The Moroccan mask spares me the extended bathroom visit. Once it's removed, it left my face feeling incredibly smooth, and my face felt a little tight the first time around.

Now, I did a couple of things after I removed it. The first time after removing, I washed my face with regular soap and hot water. It left my face feeling a little glassy (probably because of the type of soap I used), but it was still smooth. The next time, I just removed the mask without washing my face. It wasn't so bad. I was expecting it to be completely dry and uncomfortable. The smoothness was more or less the same, but it felt like my skin could have benefited a bit more from having some moisture. But after waking up the next day, my face felt incredible. So, I'm sort of glad that I didn't do anything, ahaha. I also cleaned my face and added moisturizer a bit of time after—this was when I was about to play around with some makeup.

It was strange to say the least. It felt as though my skin was rejecting the moisturizer and left me with this sort of filmy over layer. I'll try again with the other ones to see if that happens again.


All in all, this is a solid five out of five. Ten outta ten would do again. The one drawback that it has is that punishing cinnamon oil. I know that beauty is suffering, but holy hell, this feels like a death sentence. This is a cautionary tale to not scratch your face or any blemishes you have. If you do, well, you already know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts; I'd love to hear 'em.