Sunday, November 23, 2014

Ice, Ice [Green], Baby



As a preemptive celebration of my new life choice, I've been spoiling myself lately. One of the things that I wanted to buy were lenses. I haven't bought or put in lenses in about six years or so. It's been a long little while. I had a few stores to choose from, and I ended up choosing the EOS Ice Green from MapleLens. Here are the stats!
Plano power [-0.00]
Diameter: 14.8m 
Base Curve: 8.8mm
Water Content: 38%
Shelf life: 1 year


They were unceremoniously shipped. They didn't come with a receipt from the site or anything like that, but they did come in a nice, tiny box. On that, they The first thing i have to say is that these are beautiful. I love the colour on them in the lens case.



before i continue, let me just say this: please go to an eye doctor first. 

Mostly because they'll teach you the proper way to take care of your contacts, put them in, get you a prescription if you want them, and let you know if your eyes have special needs. While, of course, you could go to your friend who knows a thing or two or consult a YouTube video, it would be a safer option to listen to what an eye doctor has to tell you. Please be sure that your lenses are clean, especially if you're trying to put them in a number of times.

Continuing on, trying to get them in was a bit of a fight for me as I'm unaccustomed to putting in lenses. No lie, it took me about an hour to get them in. I took breaks, and I wasn't trying to force it. But it was still an adventure I was better off not taking. Once I made sure there were no substances on the lenses and once they were in, they were pretty damn comfortable. I could feel them on my eyes, but they weren't heavy at all.

One of the unfortunate things is that the lenses get really, really dry after two to three hours—or at least something close to that time period. What makes it worse is that eye drops add some relief but not for very long.


It has an enlarging effect, but it doesn't offer much in the way of colour itself. The green colour offers more of a halo effect, and I suppose I should have expected that considering how dark my eyes are. Overall, it does make me look more alien, which was not the effect I originally wanted. I'm not against it though, ay.

The Ice Green has an amazing pop in direct, natural light. Indoors, the payoff was completely different, but there looks like there's a bit more colour, right? Or is that just me? The green hue is definitely not as light, but that's understandable.
Colour: ●●●●○
Enlargement: ●●●●●
Comfort: ●●●
Overall: ●●●○○
I probably wouldn't get these lenses again, but considering the money I spent, I'm not too bent out of shape about it. If you'd like, you can view and purchase them on MapleLens. Also check out the other reviews and photos they have in the gallery.

Also, feel free to check out my images here. Let me know if you're having problems with the link.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts; I'd love to hear 'em.